Could Not Set Baudrate

Hello,

I am a brand new user, very novice. I am attempting to use the temperature sensor with a 9V battery and EEPROM on an Arduino Uno to record temperature for a few hours outside.

This morning I was able to upload a sketch using Chromeduino2, I know it worked because I have an LED lit on my breadboard. I wanted to test using a battery so I then hooked up a 9V battery and unplugged my usb connection and the arduino is still working (LED is still lit). I unplugged the battery and it powered down.

Now I went to upload my datalogging code using the USB connection and I get "Could Not Set Baudrate". I switched to a few simpler codes I found online, like Serial.begin(9600), Serial.print("hello"), etc. and I am getting the same error.

The board is not dead, the old code is still running and when it is powered either by USB or battery the LED will light up.

I did try modifiying the baudrate in Setup as well as in my code (9600, 115200, etc.) and I always get the same error message.

I'm not finding much at all on this error when I google around online.

Any help greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

You don't have to set the baud rate when uploading a sketch. It is done automatically.

Not sure what idiotic thing you are doing.

ieee488:
You don’t have to set the baud rate when uploading a sketch.
It is done automatically.

Not sure what idiotic thing you are doing.

Chromeduino is a Google written replacement for the Arduino IDE, designed to run on their ChromeBook computers. I don’t know much more about it.

njrossi, can you provide more information, I haven’t seen anything here about Chromeduino software.

While I'll give you that Chromeduino doesn't have much in the way of support, asking here is a bit like going on a Chevrolet forum to ask what is wrong with your Volkswagen.

ChrisTenone:
Chromeduino is a Google written replacement for the Arduino IDE, designed to run on their ChromeBook computers.

Do you have a source for the statement that it’s “Google written”. My impression has always been that this is just a 3rd party extension written by some random developer with whatever quality control and support they happen to want to provide. I can’t find any information that indicates the author, Casey Halverson is a Google employee. In fact his Facebook page says “Chief Operating Officer at Cellular Tracking Technologies” and there is no indication that Cellular Tracking Technologies is associated with Google.

That would be big news if there was an official Google replacement for the Arduino IDE.

ChrisTenone:
I haven’t seen anything here about Chromeduino software.

I see it pop up here from time to time but don’t see anyone being able to provide support since the regulars here don’t use Chromeduino. Someone recently posted a tutorial on how to use the real Arduino IDE with Chrome OS. I’d do that instead:

pert: Do you have a source for the statement that it's "Google written". ...

Yer probably right. I guess I had assumed that Google maintained control over chromebook apps like Apple does.

pert: Someone recently posted a tutorial on how to use the real Arduino IDE with Chrome OS. I'd do that instead: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=554826

My gf used to have a cb, but she gave it away for free. And thought it was agood deal at that.

ChrisTenone: Chromeduino is a Google written replacement for the Arduino IDE, designed to run on their ChromeBook computers. I don't know much more about it.

njrossi, can you provide more information, I haven't seen anything here about Chromeduino software.

So, I'm no help -- but I'm also getting this same "can't set baud rate" error message from Chromeduino. I have never had it on my Windows computer.

The place to set that will not be in the sketch, it is the rate for between the CB and the Arduino.

Where are the settings for Chromeduino2 on your CB?

Try loading BLINK so the led does more than just come on or describe what the led does better. A led that stays lit is no sign of a working sketch.