Could someone please change my username!

I have no idea when I created my account but my name is literally spam, could someone please change my name to Snizce or StencilDev

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Create a new account and send a message to the moderators to delete this account.

Welcome to the Arduino group.

Larry is correct

Be aware that there is a current 7 day waiting period for your old account to be deleted even if you use the report to moderator option so do NOT attempt to create a new account during that period !

It is something we cannot presently control.

ballscrewbob:
Be aware that there is a current 7 day waiting period for your old account to be deleted even if you use the report to moderator option so do NOT attempt to create a new account during that period !

Is that because you cannot have two accounts with the same email address?

Does the advice presented to a joining member make it very clear to him/her to choose the username carefully as it cannot be altered later?

It would also be a good idea if usernames had a maximum length.

...R
PS ... Arduino developer time would be better spent on these sorts of issue rather than trying to make a better search system than Google or DDG

Robin2:
Is that because you cannot have two accounts with the same email address?

Does the advice presented to a joining member make it very clear to him/her to choose the username carefully as it cannot be altered later?

It is simply the time given to allow a member to change thier mind before the system purges those details.
Or maybe there is a need to follow up on some aspect of posts or deletions.

Not sure as I have not looked but maybe it should be mentioned. Also it can be changed be the account deletion method.

ballscrewbob:
It is simply the time given to allow a member to change thier mind before the system purges those details.
Or maybe there is a need to follow up on some aspect of posts or deletions.

That explains why there is a 7 day cooling off period. But it does not explain why a person cannot open a second account - I suspect they can.

...R

They can Robin but it has been shown to cause issues if either the email or user name is the same.

We can also ask upstairs for a specific PURGE to shorten that 7 day period but that takes away from time spent doing other things.

And as a side note just for you they have been working on some of the forum bugs ! :slight_smile:
The misc re-directs to the main forum page should be greatly reduced !

ballscrewbob:
They can Robin but it has been shown to cause issues if either the email or user name is the same.

That's what I was trying to find out. Thanks

...R