countdown to play mp3 then random mp3

I have an old landline phone that I want to play random mp3s when the handset is lifted using a battery powered nano and was told on here thats not a problem but is there a limit of mp3 files on the sd card because I have about 700?
Second, is it possible that when the battery powered nano is switched on in the phone, it counts to 2 hours then plays a ringing mp3? This goes on till no answer for 2 mins and the track ends or the handset is lifted. When lifted, the ringing mp3 stops and plays a random track but only between files 1 to 50 of the 700.
Hope that makes sense.

mr0800p:
I have an old landline phone that I want to play random mp3s when the handset is lifted using a battery powered nano and was told on here thats not a problem but is there a limit of mp3 files on the sd card because I have about 700?

You'll be using some kind of MP3 shield, yeah? That will depend on the shield. Check the specs before you buy.

Second, is it possible that when the battery powered nano is switched on in the phone, it counts to 2 hours then plays a ringing mp3? This goes on till no answer for 2 mins and the track ends or the handset is lifted. When lifted, the ringing mp3 stops and plays a random track but only between files 1 to 50 of the 700.

Most of that sounds easy. The 2 hr wait, the 2 minute wait and playing a random track. The number of tracks again depends on the MP3 shield.

Im new to arduino but few months ago after watching a youtube video, I brought a Arduino compatible Nano with CH340 USB IC and a separate sd card reader. Is this the right equipment for the job?

If that bit of kit cant do the job, can someone recommend exactly what I should get please.

Is what I have suitable for my project?