CPM-MCPV HLFB output/position in motion

Currently using a clear path motor for automation. I am hoping to utilize a library/command that will send an OUTPUT at a predetermined location; to command solenoid to open and close. How do i turn the position read into an out to control other components? Thank you.

I assume you know what "CPM-MCPV HLFB" means but I don't have a clue.

Please explain and post links to any relevant datasheets.

...R

Clear Path Motor- MCPV

This is the Manual https://www.teknic.com/files/downloads/clearpath_user_manual.pdf

This is the motor https://www.teknic.com/model-info/CPM-MCPV-2331S-RLN/

Yowza. 200+ page user manual.

Edit: JustinHiett, can you describe what you are trying to do? Your original post has me confused.

Currently using a clear path motor for automation. I am hoping to utilize a library/command that will send an OUTPUT at a predetermined location; to command solenoid to open and close. How do i turn the position read into an out to control other components? Thank you.

• You want to send the motor a command to tell it to go to a specific location.
  • Then a command to tell some solenoid to open and close.
  • Then read a position from something.
  • Then do something with that value to control some other components.

About right?

1 - Have you read through the manual to see how you might send your motor a position command?

2 - what solenoid? Do you have specs on that? It will help with determining how you might command it to open and close.

3 - what do you want to read a position from? Do you have specs on that?

4 - Have you tried writing code to turn the position value into commands for your other components? Do you have specs on those components?

JustinHiett: How do i turn the position read into an out to control other components?

Are you already able to determine the position at which you want to control something else?

Do you already have an Arduino program that can control the motor? If so, please post it.

...R

I'm trying to get step and direction motor to transmit a location command. I currently have two sensors at the start and end positions to enable and disable a solenoid. I'm attempting to remove these sensors and have it all written in my code; so that when my motor passes an assigned position it will send an output to the solenoid. I do not have code for this process and I'm not sure how to pull active positions from my motor. Not sure if this is possible but the manual makes it seem plausible. I know i can set a 4 position stop on my motor and that is all programmed through the MSP (Motor System Programmer). if the coding needs to be done in the motor... how would one go about changing a programmed stop in a clear-path motor control motor.

My apologies for lack of information and little know how.

My interpretation of Reply #5 is that the answers to my two questions in Reply #4 are NO and NO. Am I correct?

...R

I have not compiled a code yet for it. That is why i am coming here for advice. I am new to this type of coding and i am definitely out of my skill level. Just hoping someone here could point me to some valuable advice. And hopefully someone has enough insight to tell me if it is something i can do.

If you cannot answer a simple "Am I correct" with a simple YES or NO it is going to be very hard to help you.

I do not know which (if either) of my questions in Reply #4 that your Reply #7 refers to.

...R

no and no are correct

Okay. So what is the first thing that needs to happen?

Have you followed up the good advice in Reply #3 ?

...R

vinceherman: Yowza. 200+ page user manual.

Edit: JustinHiett, can you describe what you are trying to do? Your original post has me confused.

• You want to send the motor a command to tell it to go to a specific location.
  • Then a command to tell some solenoid to open and close.
  • Then read a position from something.
  • Then do something with that value to control some other components.

About right?

1 - Have you read through the manual to see how you might send your motor a position command?

2 - what solenoid? Do you have specs on that? It will help with determining how you might command it to open and close.

3 - what do you want to read a position from? Do you have specs on that?

4 - Have you tried writing code to turn the position value into commands for your other components? Do you have specs on those components?

1 i have read through and my understanding is that i can give A,B(ON,OFF) commands which determine step amount and step direction. I can program 4 positions for stop commands. What this means to me is that i can program arduino to send A and B an On or Off command which in return spins set Steps.

2 The Solenoid is a harbor freight air solenoid that currently receives commands from sensors.

3 I would like to read location off of the HLFB in the clear path motor. However if i need to purchase another device to recieve/read these positions... I am all ears here.

4 I have not yet, this is my first component and attempt.

I'm a Newbie here and understand i may not be asking things the proper way or replying the proper way. I have read the manual and other material covering this material and it seems to focus on basic utilization of the equipment. Clear Path will not return any calls or emails. This is why i am here. any help is appreciated.

JustinHiett:

1 i have read through and my understanding is that i can give A,B(ON,OFF) commands which determine step amount and step direction. I can program 4 positions for stop commands. What this means to me is that i can program arduino to send A and B an On or Off command which in return spins set Steps.

I suggest that before you do anything else you write a short Arduino program to get that part working.

Big programs are always a collection of small pieces. It makes development and debugging easier.

And getting something working is always a big boost to your confidence.

...R