Create a ":" charactere on nokia 5110 display?

Hi.. I'm using a nokia 5110 display but don't have free space to use the standard ":" charactere because Its a hour>minute separator..

Its default character returns a so big space on both sides.

How Could a Edit this charactere or create a special one?

The LCD library i am using has a function like "createChar" where u can "draw" your own character. Maybe there's something similar with what you are doing...

If you are using the standard PCD8544 library, I think there is a simple fix by virtue of the the x axis being defined by pixel, thereby enabling you to discreetly overlap characters.

So, instead of say,

lcd.setCursor(20,5);
   lcd.print(hour);
  lcd.print(":");
  lcd.print(minute);
  lcd.print(second);

You could have

lcd.setCursor(20,5);
  lcd.print(hour);
lcd.setCursor(32,5);  
lcd.setCursor(34,5);
  lcd.print(minute);
 etc

This, and the glyph editor, also enables you to fit an extra character or two on a line

http://www.carlos-rodrigues.com/projects/pcd8544/

I have not used the Henning-Karlsen library, but it also defines x-axis by pixel and thus I'm sure will allow you to do the same overlap trick.

I had a similar problem with character widths on a horizontally-scrolling LED matrix. It's like between old fixed-width font typewriters and word processors with proportional fonts.

I solved a crummy-looking scrolling message by storing each character width as a pixel count, so when the shape of a character was fetched, they would be properly spaced. Can you do the same?