Create a Library?

Hi everyone, I just started with Arduino (022) UNO.with a PC on Window 7.

I don't know how to create a file w/.cpp and w/.h in my libraries folder? I follow the example in the Tutorial "Library" and took the "Morse code" as an example. I save as Morse.h and Morse.cpp in the Morse folder in my Librairies. the program is giving errors When I look in my directory the Morse.h and the Morse.cpp were the type .pde file. I am probably missing something in the Tutorial how to create your own library? How can I correct it?

Maybe you should post your error messages here. ;)

I am probably missing something in the Tutorial how to create your own library?

Perhaps the part where you start with a sketch, and add tabs for the other files, and those files are LOCAL to the project.

One does not start with defining a library in the libraries directory.

I received "no such file/directory" error for a library once. Even though I had it in my "arduionu-0022/libraries/". At first I restarted the program and (I guess it checked all libraries) error was gone.

the same thing happened once more, even restarting didn't fix. Using new tabs did.

behemw: Hi everyone, I just started with Arduino (022) UNO.with a PC on Window 7.

I don't know how to create a file w/.cpp and w/.h in my libraries folder? I follow the example in the Tutorial "Library" and took the "Morse code" as an example.

When I look in my directory the Morse.h and the Morse.cpp were the type .pde file. I am probably missing something in the Tutorial how to create your own library? How can I correct it?

[u]Here is the answer to my question.[/u] Thanks to your replies I was able to think a little deeper.

The 2 files (Header and Source) that I copy in "note pad from the Tutorial "Writing a Library for Arduino" were in fact the "type TXT" but in my Windows 7 the files doesn't show the extension but just the name and on the top of that , I couldn't change the extension.

I when back to "Folder/organize/view" and "unmarked" the "Hidden extension for known files types" see http://www.mediacollege.com/microsoft/windows/extension-change.html . Know I can see the extension and rename the files with the extension ( .h and .CPP) and the program compile and run fine.

thank you

Behemw