Create an Alarm with a specific AlarmID using the TimerAlarm library

Hey

The arduino libraries section links to a great library called timerAlarm for creating timer events within a sketch.

You can even edit existing alarms which you have created using functions calls which is great HOWEVER I CANNOT work out how to create a timer, with a specific timerID number!

Basically when you create a timer alarm with the library is assigned timerIDs from 0 and counts up but I really need to create one of my Alarms with the timerID of 5 since my alarms can be created in different orders depending what time it actually is when I power on my arduino.

Can anyone familiar with this library help me out?

Thanks

As you say, the ID is created when the alarm is created so it is unlikely that you can do what you want without changing the library. However, as you can discover what ID has been allocated when an alarm is created and save that for later use, what is the problem ?

Horendus: I really need to create one of my Alarms with the timerID of 5 since my alarms can be created in different orders depending what time it actually is when I power on my arduino.

Why do you think you need to be concerned about the particular value of a timer ID? In other words, what underlying problem were you hoping to solve by doing this? If we can understand the real problem, we can probably suggest a better way to solve it that doesn't rely on predicting timer IDs.