create and send a txt file to a tablet with bluetooth

Greetings,

I need to find a way to create a txt file and recieve it on a tablet.
I like to do this with bluetooth.
In this txt file I want to put data from sensors.
Any tips to get me started?

Thanks in advance.

You need an Arduino and a bluetooth module (and sensors?). Read each sensor and build a data packet containing the readings. Output the packet through the serial port that the bluetooth module is connected. From there on its no longer an Arduino problem.

Read all of the "how to use the forum" stickies and, in the Programming section the "How to ask a programming question".

I can read all my sensors and can send this to the serial monitor.
Instead of reading this on my computer I want to send it with Bluetooth to a tablet.
I want to do this by creating a txt file and putting the information in this file.

Bluetooth modules that I am familiar with connect to a serial port on the Arduino.
If you can send the data to serial monitor it just requires that you change the output serial port to the serial port to that which the bluetooth module is connected. Which Arduino are you using?

This may help you understand serial communication.

You will NOT be sending a .txt file (anywhere).. you can however send data, that the bluetooth app on the tablet can receive.

what happens after that is up to you. (I'd assume you need to write some sort of app to collect the data sent via bluetooth and save it out as a .txt file wherever you want/need)

what kind of tablet are you using? Android based? Maybe look into using the MIT App Inventor to receive the BT data. and handle it.

Nino_Frans:
I can read all my sensors and can send this to the serial monitor.
Instead of reading this on my computer I want to send it with Bluetooth to a tablet.
I want to do this by creating a txt file and putting the information in this file.

1. If you can already send the data to the serial monitor, you can send the same data to your phone.No extra code is required for this, and no need to change the output port either. You simply connect a bluetooth module to the serial pins 0,1, and receive the data with a terminal app like Bluetooth Terminal by Qwerty, and there it can be accumulated into a txt file.

2. You can connect an SD card to Arduino and print the same data thereto in a txt file, which you may then dump to the same terminal app via bluetooth, in response to a trigger command from the terminal.

The advantage of the first method is that it really can't get any simpler, while the advantage of the second is that you can get the data when you want, instead of having to stand around with a phone all the time.

Looking to use MIT app inventor to receive the data is just bloody nonsense. There is a swag of terminals already out there, all free, and there is no need to get spooked into re-inventing the wheel.

You might find the following background notes useful

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~npyner/Arduino/GUIDE_2BT.pdf
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~npyner/Arduino/BT_2_WAY.ino

What terminal apps save to .txt file?

I was going to say all of them but, to my surprise I find that the Bluetooth Terminal I have doesn’t and I downloaded the wrong one, so instead I will just have to say - all the others.
The Bluetooth Terminal I normally use is that by Qwerty Tools, and I don’t know why anybody would bother to publish a terminal that won’t log files.

groundfungus:
Which Arduino are you using?

Arduino uno

xl97:
what kind of tablet are you using? Android based? Maybe look into using the MIT App Inventor to receive the BT data. and handle it.

Windows 10 tablet