Create code for LSC RGB WW CW spot (SM2135)

Hello,

I am trying to build my own arduino code for the EPS8285 for an RGB WW CW led. I have bought some cheap Alixpress GU10 lights which worked perfect, but after buying more GU10 lights i received the wrong ones without warm white leds.

I now bought some LSC RGB GU10 lights but instead of the ESP8266 they come with an ESP8285. I can flash them with my own code but i cannot get the leds working.

I then tried with tasmotizer and i got a result. I needed to use this template in tasmota:

{"NAME":"LSC RGBCW LED","GPIO":[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,4064,0,4032,0,0,0],"FLAG":0,"BASE":18}

When i use this, i can get the lights working (not as good as i hoped, but at least they respond to the sliders).

In my own code i made 5 channels, Red, Green, Blue, Warm white, Cold white. I could change every chanel from value 0 to 255 so i could combine whatever i wanted. With these lights, rgb turns off when i change the white chanel, and changing the white chanel makes warm white go off while cold white goes on.

But even with this, am i able to create my own code? I cannot find any information on google. If i search for "Arduino SM2135", "Arduino LSC RGB", etc. the only things i find is tasmota.

Thanks a lot!

Hey,

I saw your post as I am busy with coding for a SM2135 LED driver too. The answer for you is to read the documentation of the SM2135 chip. You can find the link to the PDF in this post: https://github.com/arendst/Tasmota/issues/6495#issue-498724923

This chip is communicating with the ESP by the I2C protocol. Also this chip allows only RGB OR white channel (warm+cold). So, if you select in the I2C communication for RGB, all whites are turned off and other way around: if you select white, RGB is turned off. Thereby there are some lights build with another map of RGB channels, for example R and G switched, so GRB for example

You can use the code of tasmota as an example.

If you need to know more, let me know, but please let me see something of your code to be able to help find out where your problem is. ;)