CreateProcess Trouble

I also have a similar problem , nobody of support tell nothing

error msg

Arduino: 1.8.8 (Windows Vista), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328P"

C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware -tools C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\tools-builder -tools C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\tools\avr -built-in-libraries C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\libraries -libraries C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:nano:cpu=atmega328 -ide-version=10808 -build-path C:\Users\JMAGUI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_850526 -warnings=default -build-cache C:\Users\JMAGUI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_302171 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc-5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2.path=C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude-6.3.0-arduino14.path=C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA-1.2.1.path=C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\tools\avr -verbose C:\Users\JMAGUI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_790700\Blink.ino
C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware -tools C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\tools-builder -tools C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\tools\avr -built-in-libraries C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\libraries -libraries C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:nano:cpu=atmega328 -ide-version=10808 -build-path C:\Users\JMAGUI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_850526 -warnings=default -build-cache C:\Users\JMAGUI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_302171 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc-5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2.path=C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude-6.3.0-arduino14.path=C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA-1.2.1.path=C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\tools\avr -verbose C:\Users\JMAGUI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_790700\Blink.ino
Using board 'nano' from platform in folder: C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\arduino\avr
Using core 'arduino' from platform in folder: C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\arduino\avr
Detecting libraries used...
"C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10808 -DARDUINO_AVR_NANO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR "-IC:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" "-IC:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\eightanaloginputs" "C:\Users\JMAGUI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_850526\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp" -o nul
Error while detecting libraries included by C:\Users\JMAGUI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_850526\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp
Generating function prototypes...
"C:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10808 -DARDUINO_AVR_NANO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR "-IC:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino" "-IC:\Users\jmaguilarr\Arduino\arduino-1.8.8\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\eightanaloginputs" "C:\Users\JMAGUI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_850526\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp" -o "C:\Users\JMAGUI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_850526\preproc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
avr-g++: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Nano.

Yoshidk:
I just unpacked my new Arduino Nano 3.0 but i cannot upload my first sketch :frowning:

• I installed Arduino 1.6.13
  • Plugged in the usb from Nano to my PC
  • The pwr LED is green
  • I get a short Tx & Rx when connecting
  • I see "USB Serial Port (COM3) in Device manager
  • In Tools I marked "Arduino Nano", "AT328" and "COM3"

When I click "Get board info" i get:
BN: Unknown board
VID: 0403
PID: 6001
SN: Upload any sketch to obtain it

When I upload my code It tried 10 times with this:
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xce

Im not sure if the reset button works, no LEDs are changing and im not "losing the Serial connection" when i click or hold it

I saw something about when LED13 is not flashing during startup, there is no bootproject, but when I click Burn Bootloader I get the same connection error as when uploading

Im using Windows 10 64bit and tried with a Windows7 64 bit vmware as well, same result

Is this a new, genuine nano? If so, you need to use board manager to update to AVR board package 1.6.21 (1.6.22 and 1.6.23 have a bug) - since about a year ago, the official nanos are shipping with a new bootloader that requires the new hardware package to upload to (old nanos can be supported with the new version of the avr board package by choosing the 328p (old bootloader) processor option)

@Grondicr: You have a completely different and unrelated problem, and a completely different error message - I'd venture a guess that you can't compile anything for any avr-based arduino. Don't hijack threads started by people who have a totally different issue. I don't recall the fix for your problem.

@DrAzzy, you're replying to an old post :wink: Because @Grondicr revived it.

@Grondicr
Your problem is not related to the original problem; you have a problem during the verify, not during the upload.

Please start your own thread.

Yargh!

Why do people post in years-old threads with unrelated problems?!