Creating a POV Globe with Arduino or ESP32

Hi everyone,

I am aiming to create a POV globe. Something similar to this: Advanced POV LED globe with VIDEO support! - YouTube

I came across the dotstar LED strip (Overview | Adafruit DotStar LEDs | Adafruit Learning System) and thought they would be perfect for my needs. The overall project will be the POV globe created by an Arduino at the moment but I'm unsure if that's a good choice and if I should switch it for an ESP32 chip. Could you please help me with the following:

1. The globe should be capable of displaying pictures but also videos. This means that I'll need to have a high framerate for it. I'm unsure of whether the Arduino is powerful enough to have the refresh rate needed to display videos. Is it powerful enough to display videos? Or should I change it to an ESP board instead?

2. I'm unsure of what to look out for when deciding on a LED strip. Would you be able to tell me what things I should look for in the datasheet to understand the LED refresh rate better? Is it dependent on the LED strips or the Arduino? Or both?

3. This will be part of a bigger overall project where I'll have a Raspi be the processing unit to allow for more interactivity with the POV display (play games, upload pics, etc). Would the Arduino have enough data to receive the videos/ pics as I know that it only has 32KB of RAM

I thank you for taking the time to read this and welcome any advice you have.