Creating a reference file for constant variables

Hi All,

I'm working on a project that uses a lot of different variables that define the addresses on a flash chip that certain parameters are stored. I have three separate sketches that need to reference this same code, and need to all simultaneously update as I re-define the addresses on the chip. So I was thinking of having a separate file that I can update once, that will be referenced by all of the different sketches.

I know very little about creating libraries, but it seems like libraries are made more for creating functions and returning values. So how would I go about just making references to constant variables? What kind of file should I use, .cpp and .h files?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Pat

enum?
struct?

Never mind, I figured it out. I created a .cpp with all of the int variables to reference, a .h header file that declares all the variable as global ( "extern int variableX" ... I was missing the "extern" part before, which is why it wasn't working) and referenced the separate files from the sketch... now everything works properly and references the variables.

Thanks anyways!

Pat