Creating a small electric shock (Solved)

Hi all,

I'm working on a project in which i need to give my users a little shock under their feet. For now we've been using an electric lighter which is pushed in by a mechanism.

Yet this is very unreliable. Now we are planning on using an arduino to create the 'shock'.

Is their a way to create a small yet feelable shock without shorting the arduino?

Not sure I like this idea - I worked on klystrons years ago which had a 25kV 40A psu, so I'm very averse to shocks of any kind...

but if you want a verry littttle one, look at trigger circuits for photographic flashguns...

regards

Allan

You might be better to attach a vibration motor to whatever they're stood on. People tend not to like deliberate electric shocks, especially if you cant map out all the failure modes.

Thank you both for your responses. I just came out of a meeting in which we decided to do exactly what you, scrumfled, proposed. If possible I would like to close the thread now.

evil :) Is this for a bedroom toy.

Glivmo: Is their a way to create a small yet feelable shock without shorting the arduino?

Trick lighters exist which give a shock from a piezo crystal, they need mechanical force to operate though.

EDIT missed the closed bit. Modify the title of your original post to include (Solved).