Creating accurate timer wireless

I am working on a timer that the start will be triggered by one device and the other device will be used to trigger stop. Im looking at just using a normal WIFI network.

How do I calculate the delay from one to the other? Or how do I sync the clocks?

The system needs to be accurate to the .0001 seconds

Via WiFi? LOL.

swmr1: How do I calculate the delay from one to the other? Or how do I sync the clocks?

Maybe if you have a GPS receiver at each end you could use the GPS clock as a common standard ?

...R

swmr1: I am working on a timer that the start will be triggered by one device and the other device will be used to trigger stop. Im looking at just using a normal WIFI network.

How do I calculate the delay from one to the other? Or how do I sync the clocks?

You are already in trouble, assuming there is a "normal" wifi network. I once had a program that would display the wifi traffic on a home router. I was amazed at the number and volume of different overhead messages. Trying to calculate the delay of a particular message is not possible.

Paul

I mean it would be a dedicated LAN for this purpose so that it wouldn't have the normal traffic on it and it wouldn't even get hooked up to internet. I just need to be able to attach up to 32 devices at once.

I was thinking the gps route for the time but it would be used indoors so that option wouldn't work.

If not WIFI then is there another type of wireless protocol out there that would be better and that could handle that many devices?

swmr1:
I was thinking the gps route for the time but it would be used indoors so that option wouldn’t work.

What is the distance between the two Arduinos and are there obstacles between them that might interfere with radio propagation?

…R

Robin2: What is the distance between the two Arduinos and are there obstacles between them that might interfere with radio propagation?

...R

And,how much data do you need to transfer? How reliably?

And, how much are you willing to spend on each radio?

XBees would meet your needs, for all but possibly that last one.

Laboratory time signals are ALL sent via coax cable, not WIFI.

Paul