CurieIMU vs CurieImu

Just received my new Genuino 101 five days ago. After trialling the CurieImu library with various online examples, quickly discovered the examples didn't work (didn't recognise library).

With some persistence, I discovered that there are in fact two libraries: CurieIMU and CurieImu. Aside from the subtle change in capitalisation, there are significant differences in many core functions. An example is the function to initialise the CurieImu: Begin() (in CurieIMU) or Initialise() (in CurieImu).

There are other differences which include changes to syntax for many functions.

Today, Arduino updated the IDE to 1.6.8 with updated CurieIMU library (apparently) with reference links etc to CurieIMU. And yet the update in my 1.6.8 has the CurieImu library, still.

There is surprisingly little info (read NOTHING) on this discrepancy in the online forums, so I drop this nugget of info in the hope that it is resolved, and the powers that be standardise the library for all Genuino 101 users.

The gyro functions are awesome once working - thanks Intel.

olliebudge:
Today, Arduino updated the IDE to 1.6.8 with updated CurieIMU library (apparently) with reference links etc to CurieIMU. And yet the update in my 1.6.8 has the CurieImu library, still.

Arduino IDE 1.6.8 doesn't come with any files for the Arduino 101. These are installed via Tools > Board > Boards Manager... > Intel Curie Boards. Once you update this to version 1.0.5 you will have the new CurieIMU library and the previous CurieImu library will be removed.

olliebudge:
There is surprisingly little info (read NOTHING) on this discrepancy in the online forums

Here it is: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=380977.0 as well as a couple other posts on this subject in the Arduino 101 section of the forum.

Ahh... The update worked and did replace the CurieImu with CurieIMU library. I had read that post you referred to previously, but it didn't mention this update (or did I miss something?)

Anyway, thanks for the straightforward tip.

olliebudge:
I had read that post you referred to previously, but it didn't mention this update (or did I miss something?)

Most of the discussion on that post occurred before the new version of the Intel Curie Boards was released so you had to manually install CurieIMU but I did post an update to the thread yesterday noting that was no longer necessary.