curious about programming stuff

hi guys, Is it possible to put something undeclared in your structure?
good day

You obviously have something in mind, show us what it is.

well here's the thing, i'm trying to make my arduino based RC transmitter and receiver,
I just can't figure out how to send the data that my program read from the the joystick (in my transmitter side ) to another arduino (on the receiver side)
I watched some tutorial especially the" nRF24LO1" posted by robin, but the tutorial just sends letters and numbers and I thought that sending data from the joystick is different from sending letters and numbers,

just thinking if there's any functions in how to send data from the joystick and how it can be received and used by another arduino board( on the receiver side ) using nRF24LO1.. :slight_smile:

jhave_21:
well here's the thing, i'm trying to make my arduino based RC transmitter and receiver,
I just can't figure out how to send the data that my program read from the the joystick (in my transmitter side ) to another arduino (on the receiver side)
I watched some tutorial especially the" nRF24LO1" posted by robin, but the tutorial just sends letters and numbers and I thought that sending data from the joystick is different from sending letters and numbers,

just thinking if there's any functions in how to send data from the joystick and how it can be received and used by another arduino board( on the receiver side ) using nRF24LO1.. :slight_smile:

Have you printed on the serial console the values you get from the joystick? If not, why not? Then you will see they are just numbers.

Paul

hi paul,
your right they're just numbers,
does that mean that I'll just send them the way how to send numbers?
will it make my servos work?

jhave_21:
hi paul,
your right they're just numbers,
does that mean that I'll just send them the way how to send numbers?
will it make my servos work?

Not without some work.

Paul

There are many many ways to send some numbers. You could send raw bytes. You could send it as ascii. You could devise your very own top secret encryption mechanism. The only stipulation is that the sender and receiver agree on what that method is going to be.

jhave_21:

It's exactly the same. The joystick values are numbers.

...R

I thank you all,

thanks, now I got it, I'll just simply send the value that was read from the joystick and simply send it like numbers like what you "robin" did right?