Custom board package

Hi, I'm making a custom board package, and I'm having problems doing the upload, the error it spits out is "Cannot run program "REMOVE/bin/avrdude""

I see that REMOVE should be replaced with the path, but I can't see where I've gone wrong.

Basically it is a duplicate of the panstamp boards.txt file at the moment with a custom core.

The URL for the package is https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10158118/package_sensesee_index.json

Hopefully someone will be available to help out.

Here's an issue with the Uno boards.txt entry:

Bootloader file specified but missing: C:\Users\per\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino_sensesee_panstamp\hardware\avr\1.5.2\bootloaders\optiboot\optiboot_atmega328.hex

I missed that, that will teach me to not be coding very late at night!, however, even with that fixed (new package uploaded but because I’ve reused the version number, you will have to uninstall the existing one first, and make sure it has been cleaned out, i’m using

rm -rf packages/arduino_sensesee_panstamp/ staging/packages/sensesee_1.5.2.tar.gz package_sensesee_index.json

The error I’m getting is:
Sketch uses 8,732 bytes (27%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 403 bytes (19%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,645 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
REMOVE/bin/avrdude -C___REMOVE___/etc/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega328p -carduino -P/dev/cu.usbserial-A603H8DA -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:/var/folders/qd/9r8d06y92nz1v4r_cpy1srfw0000gn/T/build8945e1680e799fecc7e332448752bae7.tmp/WaterLevel.ino.hex:i
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program “REMOVE/bin/avrdude”: error=2, No such file or directory
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:620)
at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:485)
at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:11)
at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:113)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:157)
at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1178)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1152)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1124)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2452)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
at java.lang.UNIXProcess.(UNIXProcess.java:248)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:134)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
… 11 more

I just installed, burned bootloader, and uploaded using Arduino IDE 1.6.6 with Windows 7 64 bit and didn't get any errors. The only thing I noticed that I'm not sure was intentional is in panstamp/pins_arduino.h:

#define LED  4

The Arduino pins_arduino.h calls it LED_BUILTIN instead. I don't think using such a common name as LED for a define is a good idea. It broke my sketch I tried to upload because I was using LED as a variable name.

It's not intentional, at the moment the package has had minimal changes to that of the PanStamp package, just changing the boot loader, and a few minor other things. As we get further along, I imagine we'll deviate more. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Ok, so Win7 is good..Can anyone try OSX ElCapitan, and Arduino IDE 1.6.6?

Cheers

Interesting, using the head of the development branch from GIT, it works, I wonder if this is a bug?