Custom car display (gauge)

Hi, i am new here and amateur :)

I want to build a gauge for my car.The gauge will show the following values: * Turbo boost and vacum * Oil pressure * Oil temp * Intake air temp * Coolant temp * Rpm * Vehicle speed * Exhaust temp * Air-fuel wideband * Ethanol

Car runs with a standalone Ecu.This ecu has speedometer and tacho (for RPM) output.I think speed and rpm information can be obtained from this output.. I can buy other necessary sensors..

Can be made this gauge with Arduino mega 2560 and a Nextion hmi tft lcd display?

Thanks in advance

I googled "arduino can bus gauge" and found much info on making DIY gauges. Take a look at successful projects others have done. That is usually the best start to your own project.

vinceherman: I googled "arduino can bus gauge" and found much info on making DIY gauges. Take a look at successful projects others have done. That is usually the best start to your own project.

This is a perfect idea.I can somehow communicate over CAN bus with what used ECU.But i don't know how to transmit to tft lcd display with arduino.I think required to create profesyonel a code for this. Is there anyone who can do this?

You are in the portion of the forum where members help you do your own coding.

There is another portion of the forum where you can find others willing to do it for you. Gigs and Collaborations You describe what you want done and negotiate how much you will need to pay to have it done.

I would suggest you do a bit more research such as the protocol the manufacturer is using in the vehicle. Most all manufacturers are different and changes happen in model year changes. They do special processing to provide OBDII codes. But again from what you are saying this is an old car with only a ECU. It is very possible you do not have CAN buss available from the ECU. This response is to help you get started in solving your problem, not solve it for you. Good Luck & Have Fun! Gil

vinceherman: You are in the portion of the forum where members help you do your own coding.

There is another portion of the forum where you can find others willing to do it for you. Gigs and Collaborations You describe what you want done and negotiate how much you will need to pay to have it done.

Thanks,i will start new topic

gilshultz: I would suggest you do a bit more research such as the protocol the manufacturer is using in the vehicle. Most all manufacturers are different and changes happen in model year changes. They do special processing to provide OBDII codes. But again from what you are saying this is an old car with only a ECU. It is very possible you do not have CAN buss available from the ECU. This response is to help you get started in solving your problem, not solve it for you. Good Luck & Have Fun! Gil

Thanks for your reply