Custom Editor For Programming

I am new to Arduino. In fact, I don't even have one yet, but should have an Arduino Uno here shortly. I have watched multiple tutorials and projects online and have even downloaded the IDE and been looking through that already. However, I would like to use Aptana Studio 3 which is based on Eclipse. I am already familiar with most of the workings of Aptana (by using it daily for programming other languages) and I especially like the code folding and custom code snippet features of Aptana. Not to mention the "tabbing" of open files.

So my question is: Is there already something setup to be able to integrate Arduino development with Aptana and/or Eclipse? I only found one relevant page online, but didn't work for me.

Thanks in advance.

There is an Arduino plugin for Eclipse, but it isn't really trivial to get it working and I don't know if it would work at all with Aptana.

There is also the option to use an external editor with the IDE, you type your code in the external editor and hit save, then switch windows to the IDE to compile.

You can also use Visual Studio with the Visual Micro plugin

I just use Geany as the external editor.

It is possible to compile and upload from Geany

...R