Custom SAMD21G18A board- Arduino Zero compatible

Hi, I have produced a custom board with ARM processor - SAMD21G18A. I wanted it to be programmable through Arduino, but instead of using EDBG chip for programming port I used FT232. Is it possible to use the same bootloader for my board as for Arduino Zero(programming port). I burned the bootloader with ATMEL ICE and I can see that it is in the flash, but I cannot upload any sketch. What could be the problem?

ERROR MESSAGE IN ARDUINO IDE:

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Zero (Programming Port)"

Sketch uses 10128 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 262144 bytes.
Open On-Chip Debugger 0.9.0-g932ec70 (2017-02-15-12:34)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
debug_level: 0
adapter speed: 500 kHz
adapter_nsrst_delay: 100
cortex_m reset_config sysresetreq
Error: unable to find CMSIS-DAP device
Error: No Valid JTAG Interface Configured.
Error: No Valid JTAG Interface Configured.

I was also trying to upload the sketch using ATMEL ICE but although there are no errors in Arduino IDE, the board does not respond.

IN SHORT: Is it possible to program Arduino Zero with FTDI chip in Arduino IDE? or Is it possible to program Arduino Zero with ATMEL ICE in Arduino IDE?

(deleted)

Hi Sylwia,

It's still possible to use the Arduino Zero's native USB Bossac bootloader through the serial port on digital pins 0 and 1, using a FTDI board (with 5V to 3.3V level shifters). You'll also need to select "Arduino/ Genuino Zero (Native USB Port)" in the "Boards" menu.

However, using this method you'll have to put the board into bootloader mode each time with a double tap of the reset button, as it doesn't have automatic reset functionality.