CV controller

Hello. I am new to Arduino but not electronics. I have built a few projects from stripbord. I just want to make some CV and gate pushbuttons for my modular synth. I need 1x8 pushbuttons. Only one button at a time can be played. Each button is attached to a +5/-5v attenuverter. Needs a common terminal for all attenuverter outputs and also a common terminal for all pushbutton gate outputs.

So it basically has 8 variable stages that I can trigger individualy but not together. All mixed to a common CV and trigger output. Like a sequencer that.steps are. It clicked but chosen with push button.

Is this possible?

Could someone give me some idea how to do this please?

Thanks.

8 inputs and 8 outputs. An UNO ought to do the job.

The Arduino generally deals with TTL digital input and output signals: ~0V means LOW and ~5V means HIGH. The built-in analog-to-digital converter generally works over the range 0V to 5V.

Creating 8 TTL signals from buttons is easy and reading them is not a problem. Outputting 8 TTL digital outputs is not a problem. Negative input voltages or analog outputs are a problem.

I know CV means Control Voltage but what is the voltage range?

Does a "gate" produce an Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release waveform? Can the 'gate' be controlled by TTL? If not, you will need additional hardware such as a Digital to Analog converter.

I don't know what an "+5/-5v attenuverter" does. Can it be triggered by a TTL signal? If not, you will need additional hardware such as a Digital to Analog converter.