Cyclical Timer program

I am new to the Arduino universe, but I need something that I can not find commercially. It would function identically to this device: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-programmable-relay-board-2-voltage-detection-control-off-cycle-timer-/291084524308?hash=item43c5fd5b14:g:j7AAAOxyni9TBaKh except that it would have to have a higher cycle resolution. The device I listed can do more than I need, but it can be programmed as a cyclical timer setting an 'ON' time, and an 'OFF' time for the same relay. For example, it can run continuous loops where the relay is on for 100 milliseconds and off for 900 milliseconds.

That is the exact type of function I need. The listed device can only go down to 100 milliseconds as the shortest amount of programmable time.

I need that same functionality, except I need to go down to 10 milliseconds.

Specifically, I need to be able to program the Arduino to turn on a relay for 10 ms every 90 ms. It would be on for 10ms ten times every second.

My question is, can the Arduino operate this fast, and my follow up question is, can a relay operate that fast? I suppose a solid state relay can.

Perhaps I can eliminate the relay altogether.

The full purpose of this project is to produce a tone of a specific frequency (24kHz in this case, but I would want to be able to select the frequency) for 10ms every 90ms.

It is for research with bats.

Does this sound like something the Arduino can handle and if so, where would I even start with the programming?

I do not currently have an Arduino, but if this is something that will work, I will purchase one immediately and start learning.

Thank you!

Yes, it can be done very easily with the Arduino. You can even eliminate the relay and generate the 24Khz directly from a digital output on the board.

Specifically, I need to be able to program the Arduino to turn on a relay for 10 ms every 90 ms.

A solid state relay, hopefully. Banging a mechanical relay that fast is only good for determining how fast you can destroy one.

Great! I hope someone out there can help me find the info I need to create a program that can do what I need. I will buy a board ASAP.

What other accessories or parts should I need to complete this project. I am still unsure of all the capabilities of this board, so I don’t know what separate components I might need.

I sit here awaiting instructions with a credit card handy.

The full purpose of this project is to produce a tone of a specific frequency (24kHz in this case, but I would want to be able to select the frequency) for 10ms every 90ms.

I don't see how banging a relay for 10 milliseconds at a time is going to produce a tone. I must be missing something.

The relay is only there to turn on or off the tone that is being produced. It doesn't produce the tone.

Can anyone produce a list of what I need to buy to complete this project.

Obviously, and Arduino board, I assume some type of interface to connect it to a computer, or some sort of programming card, power supplies, etc?

Thank you again,
Bob