Data Bus in vehicle - is CAN way to go?

Hello!
I continue work on project of adding electronics control modules and new instrument cluster to older vehicle and now I am facing simple problem -> communication between modules. First idea was direct comunication, but soon numer of modules grew and as well number of data sent.

What I wanna achive: To have several modules (some do stuff, like controlling servos, relays and some are more just sensor modules, like vehicle speed sensor module) that each of them "tap" into some kind of data bus to read data that is required OR add data onto bus (rpm value after conversion from analog value to digital throught ADC and other stuff), while R/W onto bus should not block other modules to do so.
After bit of reading, seem like CAN actuly work just like that. Is that correct? Or can you point me in correct direction or add any inputs to matter :smiley:

Most modern road vehicles use CAN bus so I would say it's a really suitable option.

Wikipedia: "CAN bus, controller area network bus, a type of microcontroller bus designed for vehicles"
I thought it is Car Area Network

Juraj:
Wikipedia: "CAN bus, controller area network bus, a type of microcontroller bus designed for vehicles"
I thought it is Car Area Network

Also used in boats!

Paul