Data from arduino into a table

Is there any way you can receive data from a sensor and the arduino would easily be able to put that data into a table?

It depends upon what you mean by "... put that data into a table" and "... easily ...".
Please explain further.

Is there any way you can receive data from a sensor and the arduino would easily be able to put that data into a table?

My table is highly polished, and has one leg that is a tiny bit shorter than the other two. Every time I put data on it, it slides right off onto the floor.

Most tables that I have seen have four legs or more. A three legged table is unusual but rests on any floor without rocking. Objects on the table may slide off, however.

I mean can the board edit a table (meaning like a type of graph) in a program that you know of?

A table an excel spreadsheet?
A table in an access database?
A table in a SQL database?
A table in a text file?
A data file on an SD card attached to the arduino?

You really need to help us out with a better definition of what you are trying to do.

YoungsterSP:
I mean can the board edit a table (meaning like a type of graph) in a program that you know of?

The Arduino can store data in a 2D array (that being one definition of "table"). If you look at your Arduino, you'll be hard-pressed to find a way, without external hardware, to display "a graph".

I want an array with data values in it that the arduino can edit with data coming in from Sensors. I just don’t know what software to use to display the table. Can you edit an excel sheet automatically with data from an arduino? I want a simple table that doesn’t have long strings of text like the serial monitor.

I just don't know what software to use to display the table.

First, you have to get the data out of the Arduino...

Can you edit an excel sheet automatically with data from an arduino?

Google PLX-DAQ.

Use 'PLX-DAQ'

I want a simple table that doesn't have long strings of text like the serial monitor.

The serial monitor only displays what you tell it to from your code. If you don't want to see long strings then don't print long strings.

I've seen projects where people were able to get data directly into excel, but it definitely wasn't a trivial thing to do.

You could always save your data to an SD card in a csv format and open it in excel later.

We understand that you want a table, but you've left a lot of detail out. Does it have to be real time or something you look at later? What's your coding ability? Could you write code on the computer to display a table if you could get the data from the Arduino?

I would like to make a real time table that organizes a lot of data for me. I am using 3 load cells and they are telling me weights. Those values change over time and I want it to tell me in the table. I do not want a long string of microscopic changes, because I would rather have it in a nice and concise real time table. Excel just lets you put your serial monitor on to it. It does not let you replace values, but instead it creates a string.

OK, I think I get it. You keep hanging me on the word table. What you're interested in is having the data appear in the same place every time overwriting itself instead of scrolling down a page with all the historical data points. You only want to see the current data point at any one time. Am I getting that right?

This sounds like a job for processing. That's a project built off Java much the way Arduino is built off of C++. It's by the same folks. They're meant to work together. And Java is pretty easy to handle if you know C++ because they share the same syntax. You can google it or there are links on this site. You could build a little program that receives your data from the Arduino via Serial and displays it on a screen however you want.

Yeah, you got it! Since I am new to all of this would you mind linking some information on how to do this, because as a new person to Arduino I don’t quite know what to look for. Thank you so much!

Way easier than me hunting down links and posting them for you. They got this website that's awesome at finding links to stuff on the internet. Go to www.google.com and in the little bar there enter "Arduino Processing" and click the search button and see if it doesn't find a whole bunch of pages from all over that explain it all just about any way you want to see it.

A good link is LMGTFY - Let Me Google That For You

A good link is Arduino Processing

Thanks. Im on the phone this morning so I couldn't make a link so I thought I would just explain it. It really surprises me how many people haven't heard of it yet. I was using google way back in the old days early 2000's. So I know it's been around a while.