Data Gatherer for Android

Hello all,

I though I would share with you all the new android app I have been developing it's call Data Gatherer and it exposes the sensors and data networks of an android device to an Arduino, other micro controller, PC , or just about any other device with a Bluetooth connection.

Although many of us are fluent in the Arduino's C++/processing language and IDE some may be a little off put by java and one of its IDE this is where Data Gatherer comes in. Retrieving GPS, Accelerometer, and Gyroscope sensor data is easy as setting up a serial connection.

For a full list of feature please check out the description of Data Gatherer in the play store. I will be making regular updates to the app adding new features as they are requested but for now I can tell you camera support will be coming soon.

Data Gatherer does not require a rooted device.

Demo code repository added, I will be adding more examples shortly.

Thank you

Hello all,

Just letting you know the arduino example is now available and a tutorial will be added shortly.

Thank you

Hello All,

Data gatherer has been updated and now supports image capture and image data retrieval.

Thank you

A free version of data gatherer is now available https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chrismortimer.DataGathererFree