Data Logging Rate

I'm currently using an Uno to log accelerometer data to an SD. When I remove all the delays and allowed the program to run for a minute, it was saving data 5.5 times per second. Is there a way to increase this speed? Will removing the serial.prints impact the rate?

Thanks for your help.

Michael_Link:
I'm currently using an Uno to log accelerometer data to an SD. When I remove all the delays and allowed the program to run for a minute, it was saving data 5.5 times per second. Is there a way to increase this speed? Will removing the serial.prints impact the rate?

Thanks for your help.

One would think that the serial prints would have some impact, how much will require you to test ... a recompile is not that big of an inconvenience is it? But, the speed of SD is based on many, many factors: start reading here.

Post your code and a link to the accelerometer. Change from I2C to SPI is one way to speed things up. Removing Serial.print's also helps tremendously.
This project sampled & stored to SD card at 16 bit resolution - the ADC used supported that. What does your accelerometer support?