Data Logging to SD Card Shield with Interrupts and Other Clashing Shields

Ok,

So basically I am new to this kind of thing so forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

The project that I am undertaking is building a wrist mounted multi-purpose sensor and watch. I have everything built and operating perfectly without the SD card shield.

I am having an issue where I need to store data to an SD card located on a Seeed Studio SD Card Shield, which, unbeknownst to me when I bought the shield, requires digital pins 4, 11, 12, and 13. However, I had previously owned a LCD Keypad Shield which I have already implemented into the project which requires digital pins 4 through 9. So there is a clash there. Furthermore, the interrupt timer that is being used is Timer 2, which takes control of pins 3 and 11.

So is there any way to rework the code (preferably) or the hardware to the get around 1) the clash between the LCD Display and the SD Card Shield, and 2) the clash between the interrupt timer's controlled pins and the SD Card Shield.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the inconvenience,

Ethan Payne

PS: If you know a completely different option that works, it would be great to find that out...

If u are using an UNO, how about switching to a Mega? - it has a lot more inputs/outputs available which you can assign in your sketch.

With a standard LCD u can add an I2C backpack to save pins. Not sure if it can be used with your LCD/Keypad - but maybe u should check.