Data logging using Processing

Hi,

I'm using Processing to read analog data from the Arduino. I need some help/direction to log this data to either .txt with CSV or in Excel.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Processing can create and write to files, with the .csv extension or with the .txt extension. If the .csv extension is used, and the values are separated by commas, Excel can open the file and place each comma-separated value in a separate cell.

There are examples provided with Processing for creating files, and for writing to files.

What part are you having trouble with?

Ah, I see. I will investigate the saveString() more.

Is there a way of saving a graph that has been trend over time?

The graph has been drawn using data that has been received from somewhere. Saving the graph means saving the data points, so, yes, you can save the graph.

Re-creating it in Processing is then an exercise left for the student to complete.

How would I implement a .csv with the computer time and the data from the Arduino? Basically a time date stamp with the value.

Processing has day(), month(), year(), hour(), minute(), and second() functions. I think that you should be able to use these functions to construct a date and/or time string. Append the data from the Arduino, and write the string to the file.