Data Retreival

The GPS is a 60Hz breakout module. It sends data to the serial monitor at 2 Hz, so I am assuming this is as fast as it can print to the serial monitor, but may be wrong. The GPS is pretty accurate, up to about 30ft. As far the the speed, it is remarkably accurate, as I tested this while driving.

I have yet to see any information on my handheld device, because I do not know of an app that works for receiving info, at least I cannot get one to work. I have downloaded Bluetooth Serial, and am able to send info that is typed in the app to send to the arduino. But I do not know how to send the info from the arduino to the app.

ProfessorFuturama: The GPS is a 60Hz breakout module. It sends data to the serial monitor at 2 Hz, so I am assuming this is as fast as it can print to the serial monitor, but may be wrong. The GPS is pretty accurate, up to about 30ft. As far the the speed, it is remarkably accurate, as I tested this while driving.

I have yet to see any information on my handheld device, because I do not know of an app that works for receiving info, at least I cannot get one to work. I have downloaded Bluetooth Serial, and am able to send info that is typed in the app to send to the arduino. But I do not know how to send the info from the arduino to the app.

So, if this is the answer to what you think real-time is, it must be about twice per second.

You wrote "I will want to take the data from the GPS and the accerletometer, and send it to an android( or Iphone) app, for which I will be able to see in real time as the device is flying through the air. ". You want to report device position twice per second, and it could be anywhere in a 30 ft. circle.

I wonder what this device is that can be thrown and can carry electronic devices plus battery?

Paul

Real-time data (RTD) is information that is delivered immediately after collection. There is no delay in the timeliness of the information provided. Real-time data is often used for navigation or tracking.

This is what I am working with.

A football.

@ProfessorFuturama, do not cross-post. Threads merged.