Data snapshot with momentary push button

Hello,
New to this, I hope this is the correct space to ask this question. I can’t find any reference to the question I have. I am working on building a small kiln controller for simple operation. I am using two potentiometers to map two scales. One is target temperature, the other is time to ramp to the target temperature. The two potentiometers will be used set the target temp and time on the lcd. Once they are set i want to use a push button built into the dial knob to “select” the data at its current state and turn it into a fixed number that i can use to calcluate the temperature ramp increments. I have set up a trial pushbutton with debounce but i cannot find any code or ideas how to take a snapshot of the values generated by the potentiometers.
Any guidance would be appreciated
Thanks
Gavin

Post the code you have for best advice.

Basically though, when you notice the button has been pressed and debounced, use analogRead to get the pot values. How are they wired up?

but i cannot find any code or ideas how to take a snapshot of the values generated by the potentiometers.

There's nothing even remotely magic about it.

int potOneValueWhenSwitchIsPressed = 0;
int potTwoValueWhenSwitchIsPressed = 0;

void loop()
{
   int potOneValueNow = analogRead(potOnePin);
   int potTwoValueNow = analogRead(potTwoPin);

if(digitalRead(savePin) == LOW) // Assuming LOW means pressed
   {
      potOneValueWhenSwitchIsPressed = potOneValueNow;
      potTwoValueWhenSwitchIsPressed = potTwoValueNow;
  }

// Use potOneValueWhenSwitchIsPressed and potTwoValueWhenSwitchIsPressed values as desired
}