Data transmission from the sensor to Arduino

Guys, hello, until just beginning to understand the Arduino, so tell me, say I have some wear and I want to connect it to a moving surface, whether it is possible to transmit a signal from it via bluetooth or infra-red port on the Arduino? Thanks in advance!

So your goal is to move a surface or item attached to a motor? And you want to control where that motor goes with Bluetooth input or IR receiver input?

If so then yes that is all possible with Arduino.

Usually when starting a project it helps me to work on each component separately then put them all together and add programming logic to make it work as expected as a whole.

So for starters I would research how to drive servo or DC motors with Arduino (Arduino Playground - DCMotorControl) (Stepper Motor Quickstart Guide - SparkFun Electronics).

I would buy all those components, wire it up and get it to work.

Second, buy either a Bluetooth module (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Serial-4-Pin-Bluetooth-RF-Transceiver-Module-HC-06-RS232-With-backplane-/200924726178) (Bluetooth Basics - SparkFun Learn) or a IR receiver and transmitter (IR Receiver Diode - TSOP38238 - SEN-10266 - SparkFun Electronics) (LED - Infrared 950nm - COM-09349 - SparkFun Electronics) and get those taking input from either Bluetooth on phone/computer or maybe IR output from a universal remote.

Once you have motor and mechanical linkage working as expected and bluetooth/ir receiver receiving data as expected. Make the two work together with appropriate code.

that is, in principle, all this can be done? the fact is that I do not have the necessary devices, but I had already booked (a week ago) now waiting and decided to go while theoretically approach the task

(deleted)

yes

What he said

wes000000:

yes

What he said

Thanks, as details come will do the device if that ask for help?

I believe you asking if you can ask for help later on once you start working on the device and of course you can always post here, that's what the forum is for.

Just do yourself a favor and always try and do a healthy bit of research before posting, because sometimes the answer is right there on the home page of Google. And when you post a thread and show you did research and came prepared people are often more intrigued to help.

wes000000:
I believe you asking if you can ask for help later on once you start working on the device and of course you can always post here, that's what the forum is for.

Just do yourself a favor and always try and do a healthy bit of research before posting, because sometimes the answer is right there on the home page of Google. And when you post a thread and show you did research and came prepared people are often more intrigued to help.

Thanks, I'll try to understand itself naturally) All the best and thanks for the tips!