Davis vantage pro2 to Arduino Uno new project help

hi I want to do the following. I don't know if its even possible! below is my idea of a system? will it work? if what program is best for Aduino uno ?

Davis VP2 with USB data logger(Cabled)
I
I
Wifi or Rj45
I
I
I
wifi repeater linked to house 60m away
I
I
I
Sky 101 Router

I also use a couple of windows laptops on wifi but they are not always switched on.

If this is possible what sort of program would be best for the UNO? I would like to send the data to a website in real time.

Can anybody help???

Has this piece

Davis VP2 with USB data logger(Cabled)

something to do with an Arduino ?
What is a "Davis VP2" ?

The rest of your diagram does not seem to be related to an Arduino

...R

sorry maybe not enough information.

The Davis vantage pro2 is a weather station which has a datalogger fitted. I want to download/upload to the internet the data it is stored as a csv file.

the diagram was trying to indecate that the station is down the bottom of my garden and i was going to use the UNO as computer to do the download and then send it to the website

grahammuir:
and i was going to use the UNO as computer to do the download and then send it to the website

Where does the Arduino fit into the diagram in your Original Post ?

If the Davis thingummy has a USB output it would be wise to assume an Arduino cannot connect to it and a RaspberryPi would be a better option.

...R

Robin,

I was looking at using the Uno to download the data file from the davis vantage pro 2 the send it via my wifi system to internet

So it would fit after the weather station and before my wifi repeater.

Why would the uno not be able to connect via USB? or could i get a wifi board for the uno?

Graham

There are some wireless routers with a USB port. You only need to hack the protocol (which is pretty much what you would be doing in any case) to access whatever device you plug into that port over Wi-Fi.

grahammuir:
I was looking at using the Uno to download the data file from the davis vantage pro 2 the send it via my wifi system to internet

Why would the uno not be able to connect via USB? or could i get a wifi board for the uno?

You have not given us any useful information about the Davis thngummy.

I assume it can plug into a PC USB port and be recognized. If so that happens because there is an appropriate driver program for the PC. In the absence of other information I am assuming an Arduino with a USB Host shield is unlikely to have a suitable driver.

Post the datasheet for the Davis thing and we may be able to give more useful advice.

...R

Hi,
Have you tried to google? Davis vantage pro2 arduino

Try it, you will be amazed.....

The reason it took me soo long to decide to read this thread?
Your thread subject. new project help needed !!!!!!!!

Go back and redit the subject.. Help, Davis VP2 to Arduino
Easy....

You are actually hacking this product and there is a hacking section in this forum.

Tom..... :slight_smile:

Ok rom will do

Thanks