Day One Question

First day trying anything to do with “General Electronics” with an easy question.

What type of connector do I need to connect a flex ribbon cable to a male or female jumper wire? Is there even a plug n play option?

Pic in the attachment.



FPC connector

FCC connector

Most, if not all connectors for ribbon cable are intended to be soldered to a PCB. If you pulled that ribbon cable from a PCB, desolder the existing connect and solder jumper wires to it.

You can use an female IDC connector and plug
male dupont conectors into it.

Sorry that ribbon cable is not suitable for an IDC connector. It is designed to use a ZIF socket (Zero Insertion Force), these solder onto a PCM and the cable is inserted and then a clip holds it in place.

You're right. My bad. I didn't look at it closely.