Day/Time control of servo

So I am a newb to arduino and programming, but I am eager to learn. :slight_smile:

The first project that I would like to work on would involve controlling a servo based on time of day and day of week. I would like to know what hardware I need to buy in order to make this work.

I would like to have it programmed so that the servo will be at different degrees for certain lengths of time and then go back to a "default" degree setting. For instance, the default setting would be 30 degrees from 00:00 to 09:00, then 60 degrees from 09:01 to 13:00, then back to 30 degrees from 13:01 to 24:00. I would like to be able to set the times and degrees setting different for every day of the week. I would also like to be able to change the settings using buttons and see what the settings are from an LCD screen.

So after doing some searching I was thinking about getting something like this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-SainSmart-UNO-R3-MEGA328P-AU-LCD1602-Keypad-Shield-Starter-Kit-For-Arduino-/300887895793?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460e50eef1
I am guessing I will also need a RTC and a 360 degree servo. Would I nee anything else? Do you think that this would be difficult to program?

LCD, Button, RTC, Arduino. Servo. A 360-degree 'Sail Winch' servo will be more expensive than a common 180-degree hobby servo.

Don't forget power. Figure one Amp at 5 or 6 Volts for each servo. Figure 1/2 Amp of 7 to 12 V for the Arduino.