DC/DC Converter

Hello, I am writing to ask if anybody has ever controlled arduino with a PLC. If yes, what DC/DC converter would you recommend. My PLC has output of 24 V, and arduino needs (7-12 V, I use 9V usually) Long time ago, I used DROK DC Voltage Converter Step Down Regulator that was adjustable. This time, I need something similar; however, I don't want adjustable converter, just constant 24_to_9V. There are many of them in the stores, however, I am not sure which one would be the best for arduino-PLC. Also, it should be able to handle about 1 A.

Thanks.

Can't you just use a 7809?

I'm very curious what you're doing with this requirement to control an Arduino's power with a PLC!

You sure you're not mixing up "controlled" and "powered"?

wvmarle:
You sure you’re not mixing up “controlled” and “powered”?

Is that at me or OP?- he’s talking 9V and the 7-12V and 1A thing sounds like power to me, not provision of a PLC output to be conditioned down to an Arduino digital input which would of course be 5V.

kenwood120s: Is that at me or OP?- he's talking 9V and the 7-12V and 1A thing sounds like power to me, not provision of a PLC output to be conditioned down to an Arduino digital input which would of course be 5V.

OP.

Talking about a 24-9V converter, that's why it seems he wants to power the Arduino with the PLC's 24V.

wvmarle: it seems he wants to power the Arduino with the PLC's 24V.

Or going a step further, since he talks of PLC's 24V output, it's as if he wants to be able to control ie switch the power to the Arduino with PLC logic.

kenwood120s: Or going a step further, since he talks of PLC's 24V output, it's as if he wants to be able to control ie switch the power to the Arduino with PLC logic.

Yes. I want to power Arduino with PLC at a right time, but PLC output is 24V. That's why I need to step it down.

kenwood120s: Can't you just use a 7809?

I'm very curious what you're doing with this requirement to control an Arduino's power with a PLC!

PLC will control different linear actuators. They will be activated with different Banner Optical-Touch buttons. However, one of the actuators is small.. its Actuonix L12-R, and I want it to be controlled by arduino and only powered by PLC when permitted. BTW 7809 looks cool.