DC Motor Driver with Current Sensor

I am trying to use a DC Motor Driver (Cytron MD13S) to control an actuator and also sense the current as it is activated.

The reason for the current sensor is to perform a reverse polarity when a certain threshold has been reached. The current sensor I will be using is the INA219.

Problem
The issue is I have to control multiple actuator at once. I am pretty sure a single channel DC Motor Driver can energize say 2 or more actuator at once.

However, I would like to have current readings of each individual actuator when it is energized so that I can perform certain logic when any of the reading hit a threshold. I am unsure if this can be done.

I have drawn a simple diagram of what I think may work and would like to seek you experts for opinions and suggestions.

This is my first idea of separating the connection of the current sensor to the motor driver. I'm not sure if it'll affect the current readings.

The second idea is to merge both positive and negative wires together and to the motor driver.

Will any of these setup work?

Very nice pictures, but I don't understand anything. Can you provide a circuit diagram with standard symbols and readable labels on each wire?

Which current do you want to measure? Motor current? The driver board has an Over Current indicator, perhaps you can get the current from there? Or use hall sensors for high currents (>1A).

I'd use separate wires for each motor, for easy maintenance and reduced EMF. For 2 motors or actuators you'll need 2 driver boards anyhow.

Very nice pictures, but I don't understand anything. Can you provide a circuit diagram with standard symbols and readable labels on each wire?

As a newbie in electronics, I don't really know how to draw the exact circuit diagram but I'll try to update the diagram.

Which current do you want to measure? Motor current? The driver board has an Over Current indicator, perhaps you can get the current from there? Or use hall sensors for high currents (>1A).

Yes, I would like to measure the motor current.

I am not sure how to read the current readings using the Over Current there's not really a output pin to read the readings.

I'd use separate wires for each motor, for easy maintenance and reduced EMF. For 2 motors or actuators you'll need 2 driver boards anyhow.

Is there a reason why I can't use just a single board?

Your (linked) board supports only 1 motor. Other boards can support more motors, up to 4, with less power for more motors. Search for a board for 2 motors with current control capabilities, then you have all-in-one..

So my parts arrived and I tested out my schematic above.

I'm using 1 motor driver (MD13S) to drive 3 motors at once. Each of which is connected to a current sensor.
The current sensor does read the correct values of how much an individual motor is pulling.

As in my project, all motor will act as "one" hence using a 1 motor driver is enough. My motor maximum current pull is 1A and thus having 3 or 4 is still less than 13A which is rated for the motor driver.