DC Motor SoftStart

Hello,

I'm using Arduino Mega and i want to soft start for dc motors. I try libraries but no result :frowning: How can i solve this? Thank you for all.

Please post links to the motor product page, the motor controller product page and describe your motor power supply capabilities.

Finally, post the code, using code tags.

davutsadoglu:
Hello,

I'm using Arduino Mega and i want to soft start for dc motors. I try libraries but no result :frowning: How can i solve this? Thank you for all.

Try harder then - tell us what you've tried in detail, so we can understand what went wrong. Provide
full details of the hardware and any code you've tried.

Maybe try putting a capacitor in series with the motor for a hardware solution or use a mosfet and PWM the signal according to the function you want it to run at for example here is a linear acceleration for that motor:

for(int C = 0;C < 256; C++){

analogWrite(MotorPin, C);
delay(10); //definable by you accordion to the acceleration curve
}

MikeLemon:
Maybe try putting a capacitor in series with the motor for a hardware solution

DC motor. That's DC, the stuff that doesn't go through capacitors... Perhaps you meant
inductor, but what size of inductor would be needed? Massive and totally uneconomic is the answer.

PWM control, ramping up the drive level is the way to go, actually I'm not aware of a
library just to do this, but I guess there are some.