DC motors not producing enough torque when connected to L293D motor driver

I am building a two wheeled robot using my arduino nano.
For driving the robot I got 2 BO motors and conneccted them to the L293d IC and my arduino.
but when they are powered through the L293d using 4 AAA batteries they do spin but do not provide enough torque to move the robot.
Although when I powerd them directly through the battery pack,they were spiing much faster and also were able to move the robot.
How can I power them through the L293D driver so that they can move my robot??

Thanks in advance

Add more cells in series to the battery pack.

I think you mean Bo motors, the brand, not BO motors!!

6V via a darlington driver like the L293D is going to lose nearly half your motor speed - such drivers drop 2.5V or so internally.

The answer is lose the L293D and use a MOSFET H-bridge, or else go to a 12V or higher system where the lost volts aren't so problematical.

MarkT: I think you mean Bo motors, the brand, not BO motors!!

6V via a darlington driver like the L293D is going to lose nearly half your motor speed - such drivers drop 2.5V or so internally.

The answer is lose the L293D and use a MOSFET H-bridge, or else go to a 12V or higher system where the lost volts aren't so problematical.

I mean what I said,Battery Operated motors(B.O). and I also Tried it with 8 AA Batteries instead of 4(both in series and parallel),didn't work. I haven't yet tried the MOSFET H-bridge yet. It seems a bit complicated to me as I am only a noob. Do you have any simpler solutions? Thanks again

Hi, Can you post a picture of your project please so we can see your components.

I think you mean these motors; And you can run them on a power supply other than batteries, and almost any DC motor will run on batteries.

Thanks.. Tom.. :)

Try this modern motor driver from Pololu.

The motor itself is just a motor, it cares not if the supply is a battery, mains power supply, solar panel or thermopile!