DCS Home built Cockpit using Arduino Leonardo as flight control inputs to PC

Good day

I am planning on building an interactive cockpit for DCS World Flight sim. I have been reading up extensively on ways of doing this and have found that the Arduino Leonardo would be perfect as it is picked up by the PC as a HID by default. Connecting switches also seemed to be rather simple to interact with the sim. The lesson I learned though is YOUTUBE is deceiving :o

So this is where I am standing:
1 - Decide on the layout of your cockpit - what goes where and does what - Check - All schematics in place
2 - How to connect the switches to Leonardo - Fail - Due to programming the Leonardo for the way I want the switches to function VS what is available
3 - Programming the Leonardo - Fail - Due to me not being a programmer and not being able to find a generic downloadable program (sketch I think it is referred to)

I would like to now go into this project with assistance.

Is there anyone out there that would like to join me in this venture? I can do all the work. Building the cockpit is no problem as I am technically minded and can manufacture well. I also have reasonable electronic skills and can wire switches and make proper harnesses for wiring, soldering also good.

All I need is someone to tell me where to connect the wires to the Leonardo (simple circuit diagram) and write the Programming / Sketch / Code for the Leonardo.

I would like to get as many switches out of the Leonardo possible as the DCS flightsim modules is complex and have many systems to control.

I am looking forward to partner up with someone and eagerly await replies.

Regards

Hein

Hi,
You need to post this in Gigs and Collaborations section of the forum.

You can "Report to the Moderator" and ask them to shift your post to that section.

Tom... :slight_smile:

Get post did you find anyone to help??