Declaring a float function

I keep getting a "redefinition of 'float runHeater'" error when declaring a function, and everywhere I look for help says that I probably declared the same thing twice in my code. But I didn't, so I don't know where the problem is.

I get the error on line 56. Even if I "//" out line 106, the only other place that "runHeater" is used, I get the same result. I also tried adding a "return();" or a "return(f)" (the float that comes from the function within this function) at the end, but that didn't make a difference either. If I "/**/" out this function declaration, I get the same error for the "runExhaust" function.

You expect us to help you with invisible code? ? ?

Please read and follow the instructions in the "How to use this forum" post.

I get the error on line 56. Even if I "//" out line 106, the only other place that "runHeater" is used, I get the same result.

Well, then your problem is clearly on line 56. Or line 106. Or somewhere between lines 56 and 106. Or perhaps before line 56. Probably not after line 106, but maybe....

Honestly, if someone came to you with the information you provided, would you do anything but shake your head?

Regards,
Ray L.

Do you have variables named “runHeater” and “runExhaust”?

Post your code.

michaleben123:
.... I also tried adding a "return();" or a "return(f)"

(the float that comes from the function within this function)...

that is really interesting

I’d go with the comments already posted above.
The error being experienced is compounded by the lack of anything to reference the original question to.

Perhaps knitting, or crochet work will pass the time until we see the problem.