Deep sleep and IDE - mkr 1300 WAN

Hi,

I´m would like to use the LowPower.deepSleep(t) function defined in ArduinoLowPower.h

If I set t=60000 (equals deep sleep for 60 sec), isn´t there are risk that I won´t be able to access the board from the IDE especially if the rest of the loop in the mkr 1300 takes a very short time to execute?

If so, does anyone know if there is a work around?

Thanks in advance

You will find that the port of the MKR WAN 1300 disappears while it is sleeping, making it so you can no longer upload to the board.

Fortunately, there is a very easy way to recover the board. Press and release the reset button twice quickly. You will now see the “L” LED start pulsing and a port will come back for the board. The pulsing LED is the indicator the board is in bootloader mode. Your sketch will not run while it is in this mode. If you press the reset button once, power cycle the board, or upload a sketch it will exit from bootloader mode and your sketch will start running again.

One thing to note is that the port number may be different when in bootloader mode than it was when your sketch was running, so make sure you select the right port from the Arduino IDE’s Tools > Port menu.

Thanks a million for this crystal clear and quick answer!

You're welcome. I'm glad if I was able to be of assistance. Enjoy!
Per

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.