Delete post please

Trying to eliminate use of dip switches - by using UNO instead for everything.

The following description is analogous to my actual device I'm trying to create.

My "black box" is to monitor air pressure caused by a variable weight on a piston. When turned on, the user has options to set device to report pressure by 0-10 LED tree, or audio output that changes either hz or volume with pressure.

They then hit a piston repeatedly to their maximum ability repeatedly over 5 seconds of trying. This maximum effort will set the lights to a #7/10 report.

After 5 seconds of baseline recording, the ongoing attempts at hitting piston is reported by lights or sound "real time" . Thus to get a #10 (10 lit leds or the highest pitch sound or volume), they have to perform better than what their "baseline preliminary maximum" attempt had accomplished.

Consider the circus bell dinging booth that hits the pad with a sledge hammer to ring the bell at the top. But this reports back on a variable 1-10 effort - (using the maximum preliminary 5 seconds of attempts as a #7 on a potential scale of 10.) This allows them to try harder after the first 5 seconds of baseline hits.

Please forgive the above somewhat vague analogy. I am trying to protect my actual potentially "patent"-able device.

Looking for a very general sketch structure - I'm getting lost in how to order the programming pieces. Is this doable or do I need to use mechanical switches for initial variable options?

1. Variable options that are initially set to: a. turn on/off audio that can be set at any desired frequency/volume b. Adjust LED display to Blinking slow to fast of all 10 LED’s or just continuous ON adding more leds with increasing pressure c. Adjust Maximum identified pressure produced in 5 seconds

2. Run program that continuously samples changing pressure in relation to Maximum pressure which: a. Reflects produced pressure with more “on” Led’s b. Reflects produced pressure with more volume c. Reflects produced pressure with increasing hZ centered around “desired” hZ

Is this too much for an UNO to handle?

Thanks very much, paul

There is not enough information. First, tell us what the whole project is all about.

Then describe how the DIP switches are currently used.

And explain all the interfaces the Arduino will need to be connected to.

Unless you need a very high rate of pressure measurements that should all be well within the scope of an Arduino. But the devil is in the detail.

...R