delete topic

how to delete your own topic if you don't want it to be on forum anymore?

I try one time to remove, by using remove option, but it says you can't remove your own topic.

so there is anyway around?

If people have answered your questions, you should not be trying to delete it.

Only moderators can delete whole topics. And they only rarely do that.

PaulS:
If people have answered your questions, you should not be trying to delete it.

Only moderators can delete whole topics. And they only rarely do that.

but what happened if the reply from other didn't solve the problem? and you still want to remove it how do you do that?

Which thread are you talking about?

enginetech:
but what happened if the reply from other didn’t solve the problem?

Be more patient. It has been less than 24 hours since that thread was last active. And, at least half the users are unlikely to respond until Monday.

yah I would say so

holiday too few ppl may be online try to answer questions

are you familiar with running stepper motor using big easy driver?

maybe you can help with my problem

I have checked this link

and others but there are something I can't figure out. to make motor move to specific steps to the side of sensor. Keep in mind I have four sensor I am reading. they are all in square distance

enginetech:
are you familiar with running stepper motor using big easy driver?

I assume you directed that question to me rather than PaulS: I am not familiar with either stepper motors nor the big easy driver.

No I wasn't direct the question to one in particular

but it happens to be only one who was replying at that particular time, for couple of min I would say. Anyone can jump in.

I see you are Global Moderator Shannon. How do you delete your own topic/forum. It seems the only person can do is you moderator.

thanks

Correct, only Moderators can delete topics now. We had too many cases of folks accidentally deleting topics, or deleting them when their question was answered, and the lengthy discussion to get there was lost, which really pissed off the other contributors.

Hi to anyone there....

I see many moderator reply my topic but no one say "I am the one who is allowed to delete the topic". I saw many xModerator but which Moderator is the one responsible so that I and others like me to ask my kind of questions.

what is the different between global moderator and moderator responsible to delete the forum or topic?

I quite understand as far when there are so many contributors and topic answered in lengthy. That would not be nice coz others want to learn from that.

I believe any moderator can delete a topic.
"Global" moderators can go into any forum.
"Regular" moderators, if there are any, only have priveleges on select forums.

Hi CrossRoads

thanks so much for the explanation. That will do. Do we know any moderator links we can send emails. This is not for me but for anyone who want to talk to moderator.

there is report to moderator links on the right corner but I don't think that work for personal concerned other than report other people forum.

this is what I found after I finished reply.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=54857.msg392813#msg392813

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=54857.0

enginetech:
but what happened if the reply from other didn't solve the problem?

It still might help others.... either by helping them realise what not to do, or who knows, it might actually answer their slightly different question, or perhaps jog some thoughts.

You can send a PM to any moderator, just like any other user.
If you click on their name and their e-mail listed, you can try sending an e-mail; it may or may not be answered, the answer may be that are deferred back to the forum. I often do that with software only requests, not really my cup of tea for more advanced programming.

enginetech:
but what happened if the reply from other didn't solve the problem?

Then it stays on the system until some one can solve it. This can happen when new products come along or someone new faces the same problem and solves it.
I have see threads up to three years old suddenly become active with new information and while you might have moved on there are others who are encountering it for the first time.