Deleted library still recognised by arduino

Hi,
I have been trying to install a new library (dht11.h) but botched it. So I have deleted the folder in the "libraries" folder but Arduino 1.8.1 still tells me it is installed in the manage library menu. When I try to install a zip version it tells me it is already installed. There is definitely no folder for it in the libraries folder so I am stumped. I have rebooted the PC but no change. What to do ??

If you compile this sketch:

#include <dht11.h>
void setup() {}
void loop() {}

What happens?

Did you restart the IDE in the mean time? :wink:

pert:
If you compile this sketch:

#include <dht11.h>

void setup() {}
void loop() {}

What happens?

Arduino: 1.8.1 (Windows 8.1), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -hardware C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries D:\4Backup\ArduinoFiles\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -ide-version=10801 -build-path C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_383657 -warnings=default -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2 -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arduinoOTA\1.0.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino8 -verbose D:\4Backup\ArduinoFiles\temp\temp.ino
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware -hardware C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries -libraries D:\4Backup\ArduinoFiles\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:uno -ide-version=10801 -build-path C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_383657 -warnings=default -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2 -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\arduinoOTA\1.0.0 -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avrdude\6.3.0-arduino8 -verbose D:\4Backup\ArduinoFiles\temp\temp.ino
Using board ‘uno’ from platform in folder: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.6.17
Using core ‘arduino’ from platform in folder: C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.6.17
Detecting libraries used…
“C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/avr-g++” -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10801 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR “-IC:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.6.17\cores\arduino” “-IC:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.6.17\variants\standard” “C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_383657\sketch\temp.ino.cpp” -o “nul”
“C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\tools\avr-gcc\4.9.2-atmel3.5.3-arduino2/bin/avr-g++” -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10801 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR “-IC:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.6.17\cores\arduino” “-IC:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.6.17\variants\standard” “C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_383657\sketch\temp.ino.cpp” -o “C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_383657\preproc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp”
D:\4Backup\ArduinoFiles\temp\temp.ino:1:18: fatal error: dht11.h: No such file or directory

#include<dht11.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

So then if I try to instal the .zip lib it tells me “A library named DHTLib already exists”
Looking in the .libraries folder there is no such lib. Therein lies my problem.

Is there a File > Examples > DHTLib menu item?

pert:
Is there a File > Examples > DHTLib menu item?

Not that I can see.

septillion:
Did you restart the IDE in the mean time? :wink:

Yup, rebooted the PC.
I can't find any trace of a library with that name any where but it's still telling me it exists.
Mebbe I should re-instal 1.8.1 ??

You could do a manual installation of the library instead of Sketch > Include Library > Add .ZIP Library. That should be an effective workaround for the issue, though it would be better to find the actual cause of the problem.

To do a manual installation you just need to unzip the library and then copy the library folder to {sketchbook folder}/libraries. You can find the location of the sketchbook folder at File > Preferences > Sketchbook location.

Yeah, what I dont get is where is it finding the library. There is nothing (That lib) in the sketch folder or anywhere else that I can see so I'm at a loss on how to fix it. I'll try a re-install just to see.

Cheers ........ Mike B

Thanks to all I've sorted myself out on this one :confused:

I was trying to use DHT lib instead of DHT11 and not having the DHT11 installed.
That said, the Sketch library setup still shows 2 libs that dont appear in the libs folder
so I dont know why.

Anyrate thanks again

Cheers .......... Mike B