[DELETED]

[DELETED]

Yes of course you can.
It won't work though.

[DELETED]

Did you mean to say Pro Mini instead of "Micro Pro"? The Pro Micro has native USB so there is no need for a TTL serial to USB converter. The Pro Mini does require one.

Flamore:
(I guess i'll use gpio and avrdude...)

What do you mean by that? Are you talking about using a Raspberry Pi as a programmer?

[DELETED]

You should pick up a USB-serial converter. Search ebay for ch340g 6pin, and get one of the black ones with the voltage switch - those are my favorite serial adapters for pro mini and other arduino-compatible board that use the 1x6 "FTDI" header. They're dirt cheap too (less dirt cheap if you get a US ship one).

To expand on what DrAzzy said, this is the standard "FTDI header" pinout:

• DTR or RTS
  • RX
  • TX
  • 5V
  • CTS
  • GND

If you get an adapter board or cable with this pinout, you will be able to plug it right in to the 1x6 header on one of the short sides of your Pro Mini. You only need to make sure to get it the right way around and you're good to go. If you get one of the adapters with a different pinout, you'll need to use jumper wires to adapt it, which is a lot of trouble and offers the possibility of mixing something up. Worse, some of those adapters don't even break out the DTR or RTS pin, meaning you would need to manually reset the Pro Mini at the right time during each upload. It's so worth the effort to get the one with the correct pinout, and the price difference is a matter of a few nickles, if any.