Delta printer is not connecting to arduino

i spent hours trying to correct the curvature along the sides of my delta printer and after going though the trouble downloading the required soft ware, i cant punch anything into the serial monitor. i downloaded marlin and running arduino 1.8.5. i put in my port and braud and when i view the serial monitor, it keeps repeating “wait” after showing a paragraph of text which isn’t anything like what the YouTube tutorial’s serial monitor is displaying. is this a hardware issue? have i missed out anything? this is my first time using this software and its 1:42am atm so i apologize if this is confusing. the attached photo which has “wait” repeated at the bottom is what my monitor is showing where as the attachment with COM3 written on the top is what its supposed to show.

Capture 1.PNG

tianweibonsey:
i spent hours trying to correct the curvature along the sides of my delta printer and after going though the trouble downloading the required soft ware, i cant punch anything into the serial monitor. i downloaded marlin and running arduino 1.8.5. i put in my port and braud and when i view the serial monitor, it keeps repeating "wait" after showing a paragraph of text which isn't anything like what the YouTube tutorial's serial monitor is displaying. is this a hardware issue? have i missed out anything? this is my first time using this software and its 1:42am atm so i apologize if this is confusing. the attached photo which has "wait" repeated at the bottom is what my monitor is showing where as the attachment with COM3 written on the top is what its supposed to show.

You are using custom firmware, so the best thing to do is to contact the "Marlin" people.

This isn't an Arduino problem.