Density meter with Arduino

Dear All,

We are looking for help to build a Density meter with Arduino for my research purpose. I am going to use it in my research lab.

I want to measure density and record continuously

My chemical density range (Range - 0- 2000 g/L or 2 g/cm3).

Anyone interest to join with me to build or guide DIY Digital Density meter with Arduino

That calls for 2 precise things.

1. The volume needs to be measured accuretly.
  2. The weight needs to be measured accuretly.

Don't You have work enough building the Viscometer?

Hi,

Thanks alot.

I want to measure viscosity and Density for my project. So I am planning to do DIY project for both.

I hope, we need to consider the temperature also. Am I right ?

Density of what?

Density of chemicals

Watching temperature, yes. Then we talk about high quality, the prescision, of the measurements.
Chemicals.... Liquid stuff? Lots of mechanical apsects are turning up in my mind.

What sort of chemicals?

Which ones do you expect to have density near 0 g/L?

This is important, because chemicals with density near 0 g/L are likely to behave rather differently than chemicals with density near 2000 g/L, and as I'm sure you realize, the measurement methods will be different.

To save yourself having to pull that information out of the OP again, here is their other thread for your reading pleasure.

It's a liquid of the highly corrosive kind.

I don't think an online density meter exists, I can't really think of a way to do so. The most reliable will be to use a calibrated pipette for the volume, and precision scale for the weight. The calculation from weight & volume to densitiy is of course trivial. No doubt this part can be automated, and I'd be really surprised if you can not find an off the shelf solution for this.

I was just curious to see how the OP would answer, as he/she presents the appearance of (shall we say) being "lost in space".

jremington:
I was just curious to see how the OP would answer, as he/she presents the appearance of (shall we say) being "lost in space".

My reply was not specifically directed to you, more to everyone else reading this thread and not OPs other one... to cut off all the frustrated replies before they happen, and let them know what's going on :slight_smile:

Way to usual being “lost in space”. “Help me write the question” would be a proper headline many times.
Bring down the moon is close now and then.
Why do soo many peope think they can buy some random pieces of hardware, put them in a sack, shake it, and believe something making them happy will com out?

jremington:
What sort of chemicals?

Which ones do you expect to have density near 0 g/L?

This is important, because chemicals with density near 0 g/L are likely to behave rather differently than chemicals with density near 2000 g/L, and as I'm sure you realize, the measurement methods will be different.

Hi,

Our chemical density is around 1500 g/L.

Go for reply #7.

Railroader:
Why do soo many peope think they can buy some random pieces of hardware, put them in a sack, shake it, and believe something making them happy will com out?

Not just random pieces. There must be an Arduino in the mix. Because, as everybody knows, an Arduino is of course the solution to every problem imaginable.

Problem + Arduino == solution!

Yes, of course, at least one all problem saving Arduino too...