hello, all is almost in the title.
I'm currently designing an open-source synth and looking for the best architecture. Before beginning to design the pcbs etc, I'd like to have a global view of all my project.
It will be an open source hardware DIY project ; but I probably sell the kits (already soldered pcb etc)
Some on avrfreaks advices me the AT32UC regarding the features I'd need! But, naturally, I'm thinking about using directly arduino modules + shields ; I mean, arduino + some hardware peripherals.
Briefly, I can quote those features I need. There are "high level", I mean, I consciously don't evoke how I would make that.
- digital synthesis (basic DCO, DCF, LFO linkable to several parameters)
- (lofi) sample uploading to make a kind of wavetable synthesis
- midi in (on USB probably)
- little sequencer (where I could save around 16 patterns into a memory and dump/restore it on a computer)
- some potentiometers
- some leds
- some buttons (switches)
- possible save/restore of some presets on a computer (through max/msp software which basically can talk ... any protocols I'd need)
I'm interested by any informations about the first right choices which will drive my next days. After that, I coul begin to code stuff and prototype things.
all the best, gluontronic