Designing some sort of drawingrobot

Hey
first I`ll explain what I want to acchieve
then I explain what I already have in mind
and I hope that you guys can help me with what I should do.

Before I explain what I want to do I think I should quickly mention that I´m a complete noob in anything programming or Arduino related just so you know where all those questions come from.

What I want to build:
The plan is to build some sort of Polaroid like thing where the machine first takes a picture and then draws it with a pen on a piece of paper.
Here I just want to discuss the drawing part.

What designs I allready thought of:

1. On the internet i already saw a few designs in that fashion:
    Two steppermotorsliders attached to each other to cover the Y and X axes of the paper.
    The pen slides up and down on a seperate motor in order to control weather it is drawing on the paper or not. I attached a simple drawing i did in paint so you get the idea. I think this is propably the easyest design to pull off because many have done something like that before and I can just copy what they did.

2. I also found this online. Two motors control a pen via a two cords. The to be drawn on paperplane is shiftet into a vertical position so the pen is pulled down by gravity. The motors can control where the pen goes by pulling or releasing the string. (again see the attachments). Weather the pen is on the paper or not is again controlled by a third motor. I think this design might be not suitable for the project because dont want the "printer" to rely on gravity.

3. The robotic arm. Again something I saw online. I think the idea i clear: A stationary robotic arm holds a pen and draws the picture. This design might be a bit too difficult for me since I dont have a lot of materials to build such a machinery. Plus I think the code will be a lot harder.

4. The drawing I did for that one is propably not that easy to understand. I thought of some sort of vehicle that moves the pen by driving freely all over the page. I think this design might not be as easy to build for a beginner like I am but I like the idea of just one thing to take the picture with and also to draw by setting it somewhere on a piece of paper and letting it go.

5. A rotating piece of paper and a pen on a steppermotorslider. The paper constantly rotates while the pen is starting in the rotating axes and then proceeds to constantly move outwards. Weather the pen is putting ink on the paper or not is again controlled by a little extra motor. I dont like this design because its a bit to printer-like for my taste. I want all the pictures to look different.

These are all of the ideas I had so far. I hope you can get me some info of what design you think will be the easyest to build. Maybe you can suggest some of your own ideas. Since I have no idea of any code yet maybe you can give me some info on where to ask for that.

Thanks

-Meldrod

(mod edit)

Design 1.jpg

Design 2.jpg

Design 3.jpg

Design 4.jpg

Design 5.jpg

Design 1.jpg

Design 2.jpg

Design 3.jpg

Design 4.jpg

Design 5.jpg

Well, just do it.

meldrod:
Before I explain what I want to do I think I should quickly mention that I´m a complete noob in anything programming or Arduino related just so you know where all those questions come from.

What I want to build:
The plan is to build some sort of Polaroid like thing where the machine first takes a picture and then draws it with a pen on a piece of paper.

It seems to me this is far too ambitious for your present level of knowledge of Arduinos and programming.

One way to start would be to find a project online that can draw pictures and make a replica of it according to the online instructions.

You will probably need a PC or a RaspberryPi to process the image data and make a series of instructions for the plotter to be able to draw the image. And this is not the Forum for advice about PC or RPi programming.

...R

Of them all design one is the best to start with as there are multiple variations available for you to copy.

What sort of sizes are you thinking about as many simply start with old CD-ROM drives and gain cheap valuable experience there first before moving up to larger projects ?