Detect bass and its amplitude from 3.5mm audio jack

Hello everyone,

Looking to sync music with bass.

I have used code from the below link but it does not respond to bass:

I am looking to get audio from 3.5mm jack (from phone or PC). Use that in arduino and use FastLED to light up the LED based on bass in the audio.

How do I filter only the bass from audio and find its amplitude so that I can write the code to light up the LED's.

Please advise.

You need to create some form of low pass filter in hardware of software so you only see the low frequencies .

You could google Arduino filters , disco lights

Several problems to overcome first.

You cannot process stereo sound on an Arduino, if that is what you are using.

Second, you cannot process the negative voltage from the audio on an Arduino if that is what you are using.

Third, you cannot have the positive voltage going higher than the voltage powering the Arduino, if that is what you are using.

Paul

What you are trying to do is possible but not easy. I infer from your post that you do not yet understand the basics. I also am not sure if this is something that you want to do yourself or want someone to do for you. If you want to do yourself learn the basics first, there are plenty of tutorials here and elsewhere. If you want someone to do it for you ask for this to be moved to gigs and collaborations and indicate how much you are willing to pay.

A hardware filter for input is better because it reduces the phenomenon of "aliasing" caused by sampling.

Google "Arduino MSGEQ7"
Leo..

Wawa:
Google "Arduino MSGEQ7"

Hah!

Got there before me. :astonished: